hands_around_world_fullThe Saint Cloud Mission Office carries the primary responsibility for promotion of the global outreach of the Catholic Diocese of Saint Cloud. We are the office for the Pontifical Mission Societies (global pastoral and evangelization work in some of the poorest dioceses of our world) as well as for Catholic Relief Services (CRS) (emergency relief, sustainable development and global solidarity efforts in 99+ countries across the globe).  The staff considers their role to be bridge-builders between our diocesan church and communities of faith throughout the world. Our role at the Mission Office is proactive as we strive to help everyone see the face of God in all people. It is to walk together on a journey of faith, living out our membership and our call to the Global church, united as one family. It is about all of us together educating, learning, and teaching each other about our similarities, our differences and the giftedness of everyone in God’s great world.

Please visit the pages above to learn more about this remarkable type of ministry and all the great things happening in mission around our diocese, and world – from diocesan partnerships and missioners to the Pontifical Mission Societies and CRS, from parish mission groups and mission trips to education opportunities and fair trade, and more!


Newest News in Mission

Check out all the great things happening, and the wonderful ways you can answer your call to be missionary disciples in the latest Mission Ed Bulletins – the one page resource for those involved in parish, group or personal ministry and looking to make mission a part of it.   The February February Bulletin can be found here.  Or visit the Mission Education page for additional resources, including past bulletins.

 

Lent is upon us!  Thank you in advance for the ways that you and your communities support Rice Bowl throughout these 40 days.  Remember that 25% of all Rice Bowl funds collected stays right here to benefit hunger-relief organizations and efforts within the St. Cloud Diocese; the remaining 75% will help our global brothers and sisters struggling with hunger and poverty all over the world.  Your gift makes a difference!  For more info on Rice Bowl, including stories and recipes from around the world, visit: crs.ricebowl.org

 

Does your community have a Food Shelf or Hunger-Relief program?  If so, you might be eligible for the Local Rice Bowl Grant!  Take a look at the grant guidelines and application (available in  PDF, or in Word), and see if the hungry in your area might not benefit from this wonderful program this year!  Learn more on our Catholic Relief Services page.

 

The Winter edition of our Mission Connections Newsletter is now available online!  Check out these great reflections and updates from missioners and global volunteers in Colombia, Mexico, Bangladesh, Cameroon and Ecuador, as well as great happenings right here in our diocese!  You can also find past stories from a plethora of other great people, places and events on our Newsletter page

 

Support the work of the Mission Office and the needs of our global brothers and sisters by visiting our online giving page at GiveMN.org (under our legal name  “Society for the Propagation of the Faith, Inc.”) to make a one-time or recurring donation to the Mission Office.  It’s quick, it’s easy, it’s secure, and it makes a huge difference!!  Click on the icon to the right to be taken directly there.  Your gift will help make a world of difference! 

 

 

Don’t forget, you can also support the work of the Mission Office/Society for the Propagation of the Faith when you shop online.  Visit smile.amazon.com and select us as your favorite charity for the day, and a portion of all your purchases will come back to us to help continue the ministry we do!  Shop now, at this direct link.

 

Like us on Facebook

 

The Mission Office is located at 11 – 8th Avenue South, Saint Cloud MN 56301 in downtown Saint Cloud, next to St. Mary’s Cathedral rectory.

building